Saturday, July 6, 2013

Photo Friday : another Saturday edition

.....because I got lazy last night. Sorry. I think I'll have to do two separate blogs today just to catch y'all up on what's been going on... It's hard to keep up with us. We need our own reality show or something just so we can look back and remember everything that happens in a day's time. It would be like the show Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Except with substance. And cows. And no babies named after the coordinates on a map. Not clever, Kim K, not at all.

Anyway... Photo Friday strikes again! And, like I promised, it's not one of my own! Only prob is I really don't know who took the pic....


But, holy hereford, how could I NOT use this pic?!?!? Yesterday - instead of blogging - the coach and I were at the Belt Buckle Bonanza in Waco... which got my blood pumping for the Spring's Major Show Season (YES that deserved capital letters). So, I got inspired for this edition of photo friday. The internet is amazing. You can search just about anything and get the neatest pics and stories. This gem came from googling "champion slap". It is from Houston, circa :: ?? Late 1950's-ish probably. How killer is this, though? I mean, A) winning the Houston steer show is definitely cause for a giddy-girl jump. and B) LOOK AT THAT FROGGIN' HEREFORD! I love old timey steer/cattle pics. Watching our industry change via snapshots always amazes me. The 50s and 60s are easily my fave. They look like adorable little puffs of fluff. The above champ is no exception... complete with the straightest hock I've ever seen. This little midget was #fluffycows before #fluffycows were #fluffycows. And those jeans..... I mean COME ON! Hashtag :: awesome. The best part is - this might be a dude showing. And for those days he was a rad stud for rocking those painted one pants. Oh, this is way too much greatness for one frame. Can't take it.

So perfect. So hilarious. So awesome. The butt shot of all butt shots.

Uhhh. I still die. If you say this picture doesn't entertain you than you don't have a pulse.

End of story.

How am I ever going to top this?

No comments:

Post a Comment