Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Mindless rambles / reviews

I've been neglecting this blog. And yet, still, readership ( is that the word I'm looking for?) is high. Uh.... wait.... really?.....?!.... Why? What the heck do y'all think is that interesting??? I mean, I'm occasionally witty... but I'm no Jenna Hamilton. For real. PS - Whhhheeeennnnn is that show coming back on the air?!?!?! I read that the writer for it skipped out after the end of this past season (or the first part of it) and MTV is searching for someone to finish the plot out. COME ON! I neeeeeeed to know if Jenna is gonna wake up and go cruise with hotty-bo-body Collin. Team Collin, my friends... team Collin.

And if you are clueless as to what the heck I was just rambling about, I feel very sorry for you. MTV is lame but Awkward is sadly my guilty pleasure... that and Girl Code. Holy poo, that crap is hilllllarious!

Back on track. OKAY! So lately the coach and I have had the time on our hands to do a little movie going (excitement) and I've had my fair share of book reading (even more excitement). With that said, I think I am going to use this here post to ... well ... post my reviews of movies that just hit the theaters (thheeeeeters not the-a-ters) or ones that grace your neighborhood red box. Oh and books... remember books? ... that in the past few weeks have filled my kindle.

***

First up - The Purge *** Oh dear God. If it wasn't the coach's birthday, I would have ran out of the theater, crying. Scary doesn't begin to describe it. And not the good kind. Like the kind that makes me terrified to go outside. Ugh. If you want to be terrified, go for it. It's sick. Nightmares galore. No, I do not want to think about what the world would be like with a 12-hour "murder is a-okay"annual get out of jail free card/pass/law/screwed up exception/rule/STRESS RELIEVER. Eff that. Pardon my language, but NO. Who seriously came up with this story line?!? However, if my daughter ever brings home a boyfriend like that tool. Oh. Let me tell you. I would go Yankee cray. He'd arrive at the house a young boar and leave a puny barrow.

Ugh. Next - World War Z *** Dear Angelina Jolie.... I envy you. Brad Pitt is amazing. He literally gets better looking with age. I can't remember the plot because he was such an awesome distraction... wait, no I'm kidding... kind of .... the movie was AWESOME! Another kind of (in my opinion) freaky flick, but really good. Was NOT aware it was going to be a zombie film. I might not have gone had I known that... Even though the coach told me multiple times it was.. but with that said, I still really liked it. A little too much I Am Legend at some points, but overall I give it 4 gig 'ems out of 5.... Now please come save me from the snake in my backyard, Mr. Pitt.

On to rental flicks... First - Silver Linings Playbook *** The coach commented it was one of the best movies he has seen in a long time. He has dealt with a bipolar person (if you are reading this, get off of here now. My - excuse me - OUR life ain't yo business. You know exactly who you are.) and said it depicting the disease factually yet made it entertaining and humorous - something the disease is not, I guess. I liked it too. Katniss is a BA. I'm sorry, Jennifer Lawrence is a BA. She is literally one of the best actresses of the current era. Love her. And Bradley Cooper is right up there with Mr. Pitt. Any man who can make me laugh and look like that is okay in my book. To me, the plot was sad. How hard would it be to feel so completely in control when you were just absolutely out of control? Not saying I didn't like it... again, I did! But it was one of those movies that with a different cast - I think - would have been a complete Debbie downer.

Second - Hansel and Gretel *** Waste of a dollar. Neeeexxxt!

Lastly - Cloud Atlas *** after three hours of this film all the coach and I could say was .... whhhaaa? Weird. Really weird. And why did they have to throw Professor Slughorn in there??? He didn't need to be stuck with that plot!

Now on to the enjoyable stuff (I'll keep it brief) - books!

Mortal Instruments 2, 3, 4, and (the beginning of.... still haven't finished) 5 ***WAY GOOD. I really liked the first book but had trouble getting through the second. I actually stopped reading it about a year ago, but after seeing the trailer for the first movie I knew I had to finish. Glad I did. Wicked good. I'm such a teen nerd trapped in a 25-year-olds body. Thanks for the occasional break-out, "inner Jo".

Crossfire series, books 1 and (so far) 2 *** HOLY POO! 50 Shades, you're lame. Sorry I'm not sorry. Thank God there is finally a scandalous book with a solid plot. And I want my own Cary. Someone... please be my Cary!! (no, not one of the main lover characters - you sickos!) All I'm saying.

And, because I HAD to read it for the third time since January of this year ---- White Girl Problems *** If you have not read this book, I feel very sorry for you. Life changer. You will literally LOL so be careful where you read it. I made the mistake of reading it the first time while at a show the coach was judging. I made a butt of myself. He could hear me giggling from the ring. Yikes. I was 'that' wife.

And finally, I just started this (yes I am reading three books at once... got over it) but - Bond Girl *** super trendy and fun. I like it. Awesome main character and rocking plot. At least I think so.

***

Okay, I hope that was enough to tide y'all over for a little. Oh! Almost forgot -- Johnny redeemed himself today. Yes, Johnny, I once again love you. All is well is the world.

**** MY OPINIONS AND VIEWS AND WORD SELECTION ARE NOT A REFLECTION OF THAT OF THE COACH'S.... he has a heart.

K bbyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeh!

No comments:

Post a Comment