Friday, June 28, 2013

Photo Friday

Well hey there!

This week's photo Friday was the coach's suggestion. You see, we are on the road - again - headed to Wyoming to visit my brother, his wife and my two wonderful nieces (one of which I haven't met yet). With that said, coach and I use road trips to talk about the future, our dreams, shows, ranking our top five fave show steers, play 'my horse' and just enjoy the scenery. So while stopped for lunch in Pueblo, Co - home of the funniest person I know and my legit soul sister, Kasie Pigg Smith - the coach asked me what picture I was going to use. At the time, I still didn't know so he suggested this beauty...


Yes yes, it is yours truly, at the tender age of 3, I believe... And if you know me, you've seen this picture a hundred times. But it is still one of my faves. Photo cred goes to my mom... From the get-go, I wanted to be a 'picture taker'. Actually I really wanted to be a livestock photographer. I ran around with my mom's old film camera... It didn't even have film in it, but I would still pretend I was taking pics. I've got a wild imagination, let me tell you. Anyway, I asked my mom if I would be able to take show pictures (yes that is literally what I asked) as a job and she said no, it would be too hard and the likelihood of me being good enough was too low. Well, I guess that idea didn't turn out. I don't hold it against her, but I love watching her reaction when she sees some of my work. 

Oh! And the other part of this pic... We raised cattle and sheep in Lancaster County, PA... So it was almost always green, chilly, smelled like Amish pastries and we always had something fuzzy and cute for me to be BFFs with. Good life, if I do say so myself. Plus for a circa 1990/91 style lamb, this dude wasn't half bad! 

Anyway, starting next week I'm going to start highlighting other photogs, so watch out! I could be stalking down your pics as we speak!! (Said in the most non-creepy way possible)

Have a stellar weekend my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment