Saturday, June 22, 2013

Photo Friday... Saturday edition

A day late and a dollar short, but here's the second edition of photo Friday! I apologize for the delay. The coach and I are in Lubbock -well, Levelland actually. Coach is judging the Golden Spread with my fave bday buddy, Brady Ragland. I must say, it's been quite an impressive two days. Now if only there wasn't 150 steers left to show today... Or if only I had pages left in my book ... Or had remembered to bring my kindle... Then I might be a little more chipper. I find reading while the coach judges the best way to not be 'that' coach's wife who yells at her husband from the stands. I mean, he has to hear what he did wrong (in my most expert opinion) on the car ride home, so I might as well save him the public embarrassment. Anyway.... 

This week I felt the most appropriate photo would be one of our very own 'fluffy cows'.  Yup, I used it. Buzz phrase of the summer. Sorry I'm not sorry. It is what I'm gonna use as my muse this week... That and this pic is one of the only images I have saved on my phone (being on the road at random shows means making sacrifices - liking blogging via iPhone ). 

Sooo here we go- 

This is JoJo (don't you dare laugh- I did NOT name her) and her bull calf. It was taken about a month ago at the river place in bastrop. Back story- JoJo hates me. She is the only animal that has ever pinned me more than once. Unlike everyone else, I'm not the least bit scared of her and she hhhhaaates it. She's a b word. That being said, I laid on my belly in the grass for about 30 minutes just praying she'd move slower than I could... It wasn't my ribs I feared for- but if JoJo would have touched my camera her behind would have been on a trailer headed straight to the slaughter house... And then coach would have done the unthinkable... Been upset with me for the first time... Anyway, I love this shot, not just because this little guy is oh-so precious but because I rarely have time to actually shoot OUR cattle. Typically I'm running all over the southern US picturing/videoing - and when I do get the chance to be home there is always something to get done, leaving no time to just lay in the pasture with my camera, capturing our cows just being cows. But here I was lucky enough to get JoJo (coach's first heifer purchase since 'we' started) with her first calf. The flowers give a little extra pop of innocence, especially how they blur just perfectly and beautifully against my little man - even if he is sporting a nasty brown fluff. Fluffy cow or not, the shot means something to us, making it even more gorgeous.

There is nothing more fantastic than picturing cattle- especially like this. Coach may enjoy evaluating and raising cattle - as do I - but there is nothing I love more than to picture them. I sound corny- but if you really know me, you know this is true... And you know I'm unable to hide my corniness. Don't like it? My sweat! Just close this tab out on your browser and never come back (again said into wicked witch of the east coast voice.)

Well... I hoped this blog would take me a few more breeds to finish... Unfortunately, it did not. That's what you get for marrying a Rathmann... I fear our kids will inherit his long-winded-ish-ness (your mind in blown by that lame creation of a word, don't lie)... Like my dear friend T. Shack joked yesterday "your kids are going to give a set of reasons and the judge is going to ask them how long they thought they talked. He then is going to say to whatever response they give him 'well I watched half an episode of Friends sooo you might have gone a little toooo long'." I freaking love T Shack.

And that's all folks. Ps... I love the fact that #coachswife is trending on social media. I guess that means I should probably start blogging about something - anything - with some sort of substance, instead of just rambling... Eh, we'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment