Friday, September 6, 2013

Photo Friday, Awesome Edition

Yes, I've been neglecting my blog. I feel like I'm on repeat with that phrase... sorry.

Anyway... It's friday. Which means I should be writing a photo friday post. And I am... of sorts. It's also my birthday. I'm old, so I'm not going into details on age. It's sad and scary. I literally spent my day editing pictures and watching Harry Potter. Actually, it was wonderful.

That was until the coach decided to remind me that he is the most amazing person in the world. You see, my old trusty camera ( I call her old... she is just a few weeks shy of three years young ) has been acting like a rah-tard for the last few months. I know she just needs to be cleaned... but since her model is discontinued, I started getting nervous. I also knew I eventually wanted to upgrade to something a little more... I dunno... bada$$. The d700 is killer. I love her and I will never get rid of her (sorry for everyone who already asked if I would sell her). But, she ( you're dang right I speak of my camera like it's a child... and yes ... she is a she.... cuz she can be a moody B ) also doesn't have video capability which is something I am looking for. About two months (or more) ago I decided I was going to upgrade to the d4, the billy bada$$ of the nikon pro world. I had been saving up since making that decision with hopes to purchase it potentially as soon as Royal ( ... :) .... ) but for sure before Denver ( .... :).... ).

Fast track to today. The coach tells me a UPS package is coming with my Birthday present - insert excitement - and I will have to sign for it... AKA don't plan on leaving the house on my bday. Cool. I can handle that! Especially considering I made him bring me lunch :) He and Brice took the team to Hagan's .... mildly jealous considering that is the ONE workout I really should have gone to! .... so he wouldn't be able to wait around on UPS with me. I told him it was no biggie, I would just wait until he got back to open whatever the package was.

Or so I thought...

6:30 pm rolls around and big brown enters the driveway. Doorbell rings. I open it to find a cheerful looking guy holding the BIGGEST B&H BOX OF ALL TIME..... B&H??!?!?!?! And he expected I would actually be able to look at it and not open it. PSH!

I beg for permission over the phone. And since it is my stinkin' b-day, I succeed.

And open the box to MY brand new Nikon D4. Oh my lanta. This is real life.

My husband is the most amazing man in the world. I am well aware of the fact that I will be paying him back for this beaut.... but still... holy poo he is amazing!!!

So, yeah... that's my "photo friday"... SO AWESOME!


Now go google the d4... and drool ... or just look for my new edition with me in the ring, at the backdrop or in the picture pen ( ... :) ... ) - JA is BACK!

No comments:

Post a Comment