Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The day our Nation will never forget

September 11th will never be "just another day" for our Nation. 12 years ago, our country changed forever. Where were you when the world stopped turning?

I will never forget September 11th, 2001. Less than a week after my 14th birthday, I was an eight-grader at Manheim Central Middle School in Manheim, Pennsylvania... Approximately 3 driving hours from New York City, approximately 3 driving hours from Somerset, PA and approximately 2 1/2 driving hours from Washington D.C.

I remember what it was like to fly before that day.

The first whispers of the first attack began in the middle of second period. By the bell signifying the change from second to third period, the halls echoed with the news. By the beginning of fourth period Manheim Central School District sent the entire student body home. I remember my brother and I getting to the house, sitting on the couch, turning on the TV and watching - neither of us saying a word.

There was nothing more terrifying than the footage playing over and over before our eyes. I don't know that there ever will be anything more terrifying. 

We can never forget. We stand as one. We honor the day. We fight for that day. We fight for our freedom, for our country's continuous safety. We fight in dedication to all those who were lost.

We fight so they can remember just as we will never forget.

I realize this is not the typical post you see on my blog. However, I feel it's necessary. I am asking all of you to take a few minutes out of your day and think back to 9/11/01, when you heard the news. And please, pray for those we lost and for those who are tirelessly defending our country. May God Bless them in every way He can.

No comments:

Post a Comment