Sunday, August 11, 2013

Review Post

Okay, so my last review post was quite popular, so I figured I would instill another one....

Last night, the coach, my best friend Kaitlyn, her "hubby" Josh, and I went on a movie date. It was for sure a fun night, filled with delish chow and lots of laughs... but I know y'all are far more interested in what movie we saw... soooooo..... Let the review commence! (said in the professor slughorn voice. If you don't know what I'm talking about, please crawl out of the hole you live in)

We Are The Millers :: AMAZING! End of story. Froggin' hilarious. The coach claimed it to be one of the funniest movies he's ever seen. I think what made the film such a hit was how the four lead characters interacted so dysfunctionally together. Plus... for those of you (like me) who watched Vanderpump Rules on Bravo, the little girl who left the restaurant because she got a role next to Jennifer Aniston... actually did! As a stripper! And she played it perfectly! Oh, and you get to see JA in her skivvies... which I know the coach enjoyed. And the camp sight scene... oh my Gaaahhhhh.

Anyway, I'm not sure I've laughed that hard in a really long time. So all in all, I give it 5 gigs. I suggest it to everyone... It is rated R, however, annnnnnd for an incredible reason. So proceed with caution. Females - if you have a weak tummy, watch what you eat before viewing this one ... bahahaha!

More reviews... now on DVD/been on DVD/but I've just gotten the time to watch it...

The Host :: Solid. I actually liked it, and I hated the Twilight movies (yes, yes it's true. I loved the books but hated the movies. Sorry Kristin Stewart, but I strongly dislike you... / hate you). I mean, I've gotta admit - the acting was pretty second rate. For those of you that have seen Red Riding Hood -  you know that the main male character just kind of sucks at acting. But Gaaaahhhhhh is he not the prettiest thing ever? Who cares if he blows at acting? I'll keep watching him.. Anyway, this is one of the first book-turned-movie that I've seen without reading the book first. I'm disappointed I didn't, too. And now I'm nervous to read it (I'm weird like that). But I'm sure I'll be bored on a plane at some point in time this fall and get it read. Anyway...

Books finally finished (I haven't gotten very far with this list. Downtime is getting slimmer and slimmer.... damn you, fall season)

Mortal Instruments ... 5?  Whichever is the last one out.. LOVE! This series has a lot of ups and downs, but overall I think it's pretty solid. I'm excited for the release of the first movie in a week or two. And yes, I am dragging the coach to watch it with me. He's pissed. I'm pleased :)

Yeah, that's pretty much the end of my review list.... I'm about to start James Patterson's Mistress ... pretty excited about that one... even though the commercial for it is creepy as all get out.


Until next time, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment