Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Photo "Friday" / Home Sweet Home....Pennsylvania?

This one is going to be like my typical photo Friday... except on crack. If you follow my blog, you know the coach and I were in Pennsylvania last Sunday until yesterday. It's was a really great, busy week. I miss seeing my family and friends, so getting to catch up with everyone (including my brood ewes) was nothing short of wonderful.

So with that you are about to witness some of my favorite shots from the week. Most were taken at my county fair - where I got to wear three different hats ... official photographer, judges wife and (most crazy of them all) judge. I know, I know... I said I would never judge a show again for as long as I lived. But it wasn't bad. I survived. My champions were straight studs. Plus, I didn't even make a kid cry this time (yes, I actually have done that) so I'll count the experience as a win.

Anyway, let's begin with my babies.

Now, need I remind all you snoops that I DO NOT edit my livestock images. Aside from slapping a logo in one corner and occasionally taking off a halter or some crap - the literal kind - I do not, will not and think it's tacky and retarded to alter my livestock images. So critique away and call yourself a "photographer" because you put corny, cheesy and just plain ugly color techniques and "design" manipulations on your pictures... oh and while you're at it... get the H off this page. Go stalk someone else.


This is my parents' new buck, Spook..... I dig him. Thankfully, the coach is getting pretty good at helping me picture sheep ;)


My baby, Iris. 7 years old and still lookin' like a stud. This shot kind of sucks...but regardless... I love her... please ignore the POS in front of her. 


Meet Maddison, my AMAZING niece. I love her. So precious. Too cute for words.


I ventured into the horse picturing world last week, too. This shot didn't make the cut of final images selected (something about her nostrils not being as flared as they were in some of the other shots or something), but I still thought it was cool. Looks like I'm not too shabby at Arabian photography... kind of exciting... that is if I wasn't TERRIFIED of equine. Makes no sense. None. 


Welcome to the Lancaster County 4-H Fair ;)


One of my faves from the sheep show... it was one of the coach's first breeding sheep judging experiences. He did a nice little job, if you ask me. 


LOVE THIS!!!! He's so great with youth. I love him.


One of my favorite families of all time.... Ben Welk with his champion market hog. I kind of fell in love with this hog. But, I mean.... look at her. She's a stud. 


'Sup homie?


It does not get ANY CUTER than this little lady! She made our week/weekend!!!! And yes, we show dairy steers in Lanco... we call them "baby beef" or "dairy beef". Their purpose is to prepare 4-Hers for "big" steers..... so typically, the cute, adorbs little showmen flock to this club.... and I love it. 


You remember the picture I posted Monday? Well, this is the corn field across from my parents' place.... yeah.... the crop is lookin' pretty solid this year. 


I finish with the loves of my life. Iris is on the far left with two of her daughters by her side. I love this shot. I don't care how much crap I catch for raising sheep, I wouldn't change it for the world. I am 100% a cattle girl at heart (yes, it's true) and I will be for the rest of my life... but I would not trade my momma Iris for anything. I miss my babies already. 


Hope you enjoyed a few of my fave shots from PA. More posts will be coming soon, I promise.


Oh, and it's good to be back in Texas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment