Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Is it June already?!?

I love summer. But that fact that it's already summer of 2014 is crazy to me. This year is flying by. Oh well, I think that's a good thing. 

So obvi it's been a while since I've posted. I don't really have an excuse.... well... except for the fact that I've been busy. Like stupid busy. The month of April was crazy. Good, though. Being busy with portrait sessions isn't something I ever plan for, but it was a great way to spend all of April and most of May. Speaking of which, May was pretty awesome too. Filled with lots of fun, weddings, and other shenanigans. Which brings us to June. For the sake of time and laziness on my end, I'll just quickly bullet the updates in my life (since March)

· My best friend got hitched (it was awesome. Love you Kaitlyn VERETTE!!! Happy one month anniversary!!)
· We all lost an incredible friend/cattleman/inspiration
· Read a boat load of books (see below)
· Discovered Netflix (GAHHHH!) (see below)
· Made a huge lifestyle change of doing my own nails (scary)
· Team #BlinnWin 2013-2014 has left Brenham, America :(
· My babies all graduated from High School.... Emily June, Anna, Haley, Atalie, Jonathan, Maddy, Mason, Dylan, Team Hope&Faith, Jeb, Caleb, Logan, Ashley, Kourtney, Quinton, McKenna, and so many more... I love y'all and will miss you SO MUCH next year :(
· Chopped of all my hair ... No, I am not trying to look like Miley Cyrus. No, I'm not going through a quarter-life-crisis. I'm lazy, it's easy. I like it, and yes the coach likes it. If you don't like it, I'm sorry, but it's not on your head, so get over it. Stop asking me if I'm okay. Stop touching it. Stop singing Miley Cyrus songs when I enter a room (T-SHACK!....(though admittedly, it is really funny)). Get over it.  
· Judged a show with the coach (well... sort of)
· Spoke during state 4-H roundup 
· Pictured the state simmy/simbrah show with my showchamps fam
· Potentially have a pregnant dog (super unclear/super impossible.... but our little market lamb is looking more and more like a dang overfed southdown lately :( sooooo hopefully it was the neighbors Chihuahua that did the deed)
· The Spurs won (GO SPURS GO!). No, I'm not a huge basketball fan - but I do love the Spurs. And if you look back to last year's posts around this time, you will see I am not a bandwagoner. I secretly love watching Tony Parker play. It's freaking hilarious. I literally cheer "Go little man!" When he has the ball. And Kiwi (Yes, I call Kawhi Leonard Kiwi) is amazing - both athletically and professionally - like I want to be his friend. And, I mean, who didn't cry watching Tim Duncan with his kids? If you didn't you might be heartless. Or male. And Manu.....well, he is the easiest person for me to pick out when I'm watching the games without my glasses on. Bald white men are hard to come by in the NBA. And Lebron is a frogging baby. 
· That's essentially it. 

Since I'm such an opinionated little cuss, I figured I would go over some of the books I've read since March and some of the TV shows I've crazily become addicted to... Because if I utilized this post to vent... well.... I'm sure my lovely stalkers- I mean readers would have a few choice words to say about me. (Get over it already)

Books (yes, they still make these)

· If I Stay · Pretty incredible/horribly tragic/terrible ending/I really liked it. Back in April, I saw the previews for the movie based on this book and thought it looked really interesting. Naturally, I felt I had to read the book before even thinking about seeing the movie, I dove into this love story. It isn't typical. It is straight up SAD. If you are looking for a quick, witty, emotional read then definitely check it out. I will say, after reading this there is no way I want to see the movie. If you've read it, then you understand.

· The Stark Trilogy · Okay, I really did not like 50 shades. So sue me. But this trilogy..... well.... it's uuhhh.... it's nice. I recommend it. el oh el.

· Psychos · This is the second book written by "Babe Walker". As most of my readers know, I LOVED White Girl Problems. I will say, it is funny... and good... but it's not as good as WGP. I'm still planning on rereading it. But... it wasn't as EL OH EL funny as WGP. Still screen-shotted a boat load of pages, however. 

· Are you there vodka, it's me Chelsea ·  READ IT! Like now! and while you are at it download....

· My Horizontal Life · You'll thank me later. The Chapter 'Shut up already' is absolutely hilarious. I read a lot of the chapters out loud to the coach while we were driving somewhere. He enjoyed them. You will too.

· The Fault In Our Stars · Let me be the first to say, I DID NOT want to like this book. After seeing the  previews for the movie, I was so upset. Tris and Caleb can not be in love. That's incest. And I may be from Lancaster County, but I do not support kissing cousins/siblings/the family pet. But, I caved and read the book. And I have to admit -- IT WAS AMAZING! It's a really short, quick read... I read it from cover to cover in 6 hours (it was a slow day). But, holy gracious, it is amazing. I didn't cry like Pinterest tells you you will. Okay, maybe I did a little. But instead of being really sad at the end, I smiled. The book is so wonderfully written. I know it sounds corny, but it is the most beautiful book I've ever read. I recommend it to everyone - young, old, Christian, Wiccan, in-love, pissed-at-life, everyone! I'm still working up the courage to see the movie. I know I will cry. And again, I really do not want to see Tris and Caleb kissing. It will just ruin everything. 

Currently reading....

· Is everyone hanging out without me? · I made the mistake of starting this after reading the Chelsea Handler books. Don't do that. Mindy isn't nearly as funny as Chelsea. At least I don't think so.

· City of Heavenly Fire - Mortal Instruments Series · So far, it is much like the 5 books before it... not bad enough to scrap it completely but not good enough that you can't put it down. I don't mind it... I'm making myself finish it because I feel obligated to complete the series. But it kind of sucks. Just saying. The writer should have stopped with the first one. I'm not really into supernatural stuff, though... Unless it's Harry Potter. I flipping love Harry Potter.

T.V. Series (God Bless netflix and my ADD)

· Orange is the new black ·  Thank you, Rebecca Hamilton, for recommending this show. HOLY COW IT'S AWESOME. Except for the whole lesbian thing. Contrary to my haircut, I'm not into girl on girl anything. But again, past that, both season 1 and 2 are freaking incredible. It makes prison look fun.... something tells me I'm going to regret putting that on the internet.... :/

· Pretty Little Liars · I know, I'm super late jumping on the PLL bandwagon. But I don't care. I have to have something playing when I edit pictures. It's just a thing. My previous boss/amazing friend/about to be the most gorgeous mommy ever, Blaine Fisher, can attest to that. It just helps your productivity. So when I started editing to Netflix, it suggested I watch PLL. I was skeptical. But now, I'm addicted. And the coach hates it. End of story. Oh - one last thing.... Ezra Fitz is freaking gorgeous. That is all.

· Ladies of London ·  LOVE. Better than RHOanything. Caroline Stanbury is the definition of perfection.

· RHOC · Shannon, you're crazy. Everyone needs to stop picking on Heather. She is amazing. Right up there with C_Stanbury. 

· FIFA World Cup ·  If the coach makes me watch one more game, I will cry. Unless David Beckham is still playing.... Is he still playing? Cuz, I'll watch the shizz out of that game. 



And on that note, the coach is calling for me to meet him at the school so we can go look at our potential new home (way more important than blogging (yay for being a grown-up! (insert eye roll))). 

PS- the coach and I are judging a show together on his birthday. Isn't that kind of awesome? #nerdstatus 

PPS- HAPPY BIRTHDAY MYKA BLISSARD!!!! Love you, girl!!!!


Until next time my faithful non-stalkers.
Kisses
-J

(because I am THAT obsessed)

No comments:

Post a Comment